Making a Lasting Impact in the Salem Area
The Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) organizations that are currently registered as a State of Ohio charitable organization with the State of Ohio Attorney General's office. Grant applicants must serve people in the Salem area, have an IRS 501(c)(3) designation, and support the areas of arts and humanities, health and human services, public and community services, and education. Grants are provided through endowment funds and support a broad range of needs.
Application For Financial Assistance
Please call the Salem Community Foundation office - 330-332-4021 - before filling out the required Grant Application!
Due date is December 1, 2020 for the January 8, 2021 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
Due date is March 1, 2021 for the March 18, 2021 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
- 1966: Salem Public Library - Cultural Books
- 1978: Salem City Schools - Salem History Books for 3rd Graders
- 1980: Salem Historical Society - Building Improvements
- 1991: Scholarships for Salem's College Students
- 2002: City of Salem - Thermal Imaging Camera for Fire Department
- 2018: Salem Community Center - Renovation of the Women's Locker Room
- Salem Parks & Recreation - Fitness Circuit at Waterworth Memorial Park, $41,000
- Kent State Salem Campus - Rural Scholars Program, $19,500
- Perry Township Police Department - Computers, AEDs, radios and body cameras, $30,000
- The Brightside Project - Back to School Clothing and Shoe Program, $15,000
- Salem High School Band - Band Uniforms, $13,000
- Columbiana County Head Start Program in Salem - Books and Supplies, $5000
- Salem City Schools and St. Paul School - Gym Equipment
- The Banquet in Salem - Kitchen Knives and Serving Carts
- Salem Public Library - Role-playing Items
- Salem Police Department - Surveillance Camera Monitor
- Salem High School Art Department - Display Boards
- Salem High School - John Cabas Gym Entrance Monitor