Making a Lasting Impact in the Salem Area
The Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) organizations that are currently registered as a State of Ohio charitable organization with the State of Ohio Attorney General's office. Grant applicants must serve people in the Salem area, have an IRS 501(c)(3) designation, and support the areas of arts and humanities, health and human services, public and community services, and education. Grants are provided through endowment funds and support a broad range of needs.
Application For Financial Assistance
The Salem Community Foundation is currently accepting Grant Applications for Financial Assistance.
Please call Melissa J. Costa, Grant Coordinator,
Due date is September 1, 2022 for the September 29, 2022 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
Due date is December 1, 2022 for the January 12, 2023 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
- 1998 - Kent State Salem Campus Tuition Grant Established - 15% tuition grant award to students living in the Salem City School District.
- 2018 - 20th Anniversary - 20% tuition grant award to students living in Salem City, West Branch, South Range, United and Leetonia Village School Districts
- Kent State Salem Campus Tuition Grant: 2019 - $115,100 and 2020 - $108,700 Since 2004, 2,526 students have been aided!
- The deadline to apply for the SCF Tuition Grant Program for: Fall 2022 is Friday, September 9, 2022 Spring 2023 is Friday, January 20, 2023
- Tuition Grant Application: https://www.kent.edu/columbiana/salem-community-foundation-tuition-grant
- Students must be pursuing an associate or first bachelor degree to receive the Kent State Salem Campus Tuition Grant.
- Salem Parks & Recreation - Fitness Circuit at Waterworth Memorial Park, $41,000
- United Way Services of Northern Columbiana County - Supporting 20 Agencies, $40,000
- Perry Township Police Department - Computer Equipment, AEDs, Radios and Body Cameras, $30,000
- Kent State Salem Campus - Rural Scholars Program, $19,500
- The Brightside Project - Back to School Clothing and Shoe Program for Children Living in the Salem City School District, $15,000
- Salem High School Band - Band Uniforms and Uniform Bags, $13,000
- Columbiana County Head Start Program in Salem - Scholastic Books, Headsets, and School Supplies for the Students, $5,000
- Junior Achievement - Programs at Buckeye and Southeast Schools, $3,000.
- Salem Community Pantry - Computer Systems and Personal Hygiene Items
- Salem Police Department - Surveillance Camera Monitor and Educational Toys for "Stuff A Cruiser"
- The Banquet in Salem - Kitchen Knives, Kitchen Supplies, and Serving Carts Salem Salvation Army - Educational Toys and Stocking Caps for Local ChildrenNina's Closet - Baby and Toddler Care Products
- Salem Public Library - Role-playing Items and NoveList Computer Program Chamber of Commerce - Downtown Planters
- Salem High School - Art Display Boards, Scholastic Book Sets for English Classrooms, and Hygiene Products for "Quaker Closet"
- Buckeye Elementary School - Scholastic News Nonfiction Books ~ Animals, Weather, American Symbols, and Community Leaders, and Winter Stocking Caps
- Reilly and Southeast School - Field Trip to the Salem Community Theatre to see the play, "Aladdin" and Quaker Reward Closet
- St. Paul School - Gym Equipment, Scholastic News Nonfiction Books ~ American Symbols, and Community Leaders Books, and Winter Stocking Caps