Making a Lasting Impact in the Salem Area
The Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) organizations that are currently registered as a State of Ohio charitable organization with the State of Ohio Attorney General's office. Grant applicants must serve people in the Salem area, have an IRS 501(c)(3) designation, and support the areas of arts and humanities, health and human services, public and community services, and education. Grants are provided through endowment funds and support a broad range of needs.
Application For Financial Assistance
SPECIAL NOTE: At this time the Salem Community Foundation is taking Applications for Financial Assistance.
Please call Melissa J. Costa, Grant Coordinator, at the Salem Community Foundation office - 330-332-4021 - before filling out the required Grant Application. There will be limited grants awarded during 2021.
Due date is June 1, 2021 for the June 24, 2021 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
Due date is September 1, 2021 for the September 30, 2021 Grant Screening Committee Meeting.
- 1966: Salem Public Library - Cultural Books
- 1978: Salem City Schools - Salem History Books for 3rd Graders
- 1980: Salem Historical Society - Building Improvements
- 1991: Scholarships for Salem's College Students
- 2002: City of Salem - Thermal Imaging Camera for Fire Department
- 2018: Salem Community Center - Renovation of the Women's Locker Room
- Salem Parks & Recreation - Fitness Circuit at Waterworth Memorial Park, $41,000
- United Way Services of Northern Columbiana County - Supporting 20 Agencies, $40,000
- Perry Township Police Department - Computer Equipment, AEDs, Radios and Body Cameras, $30,000
- Kent State Salem Campus - Rural Scholars Program, $19,500
- The Brightside Project - Back to School Clothing and Shoe Program for Children Living in the Salem City School District, $15,000
- Salem High School Band - Band Uniforms and Uniform Bags, $13,000
- Columbiana County Head Start Program in Salem - Scholastic Books, Headsets, and School Supplies for the Students, $5,000
- Junior Achievement - Programs at Buckeye and Southeast Schools, $3,000.
- Salem Public Library - Role-playing Items and NoveList Computer Program
- Salem Police Department - Surveillance Camera Monitor and Educational Toys for "Stuff A Cruiser"
- The Banquet in Salem - Kitchen Knives, Kitchen Supplies, and Serving Carts
- Salem High School - Art Display Boards, Scholastic Book Sets for English Classrooms, and Hygiene Products for "Quaker Closet"
- Buckeye Elementary School - Scholastic News Nonfiction Books ~ Animals, Weather, American Symbols, and Community Leaders, and Winter Stocking Caps
- Reilly School - Field Trip to the Salem Community Theatre to see the play, "Aladdin".
- St. Paul School - Gym Equipment, Scholastic News Nonfiction Books ~ American Symbols, and Community Leaders Books, and Winter Stocking Caps
- Salem Salvation Army - Educational Toys for Local Children at Christmas