Salem Community Foundation celebrates 56 years of making a positive difference!
Thank you for continuing to inspire us to improve the quality of life in the Salem area by
supporting a wide range of outreach programs, projects, and scholarships since 1966!
- Salem Community Foundation is extremely grateful for their wonderful office space in the new Consumers National Bank Building on the corner of State Street and South Ellsworth Avenue.
- The Salem Community Foundation office will open weekdays - 9 am to 5 pm.
- The Salem Community Foundation is accepting "Applications for Financial Assistance" from local 501(c)(3) organizations. Please call Brittany M. Maniscalco, Donor Relations Coordinator, at the Salem Community Foundation office - 330-332-4021 - before filling out the required Grant Application.
- Salem Community Foundation's Newsletter and Annual Report may be viewed on the "Publications" tab. If you would like a copy of these publications, please call the Salem Community Foundation office.
- Our community foundation has successfully grown to manage 154 charitable funds and distributed over $65 million dollars in grants to assist a variety of non-profit organizations and fund a successful scholarship program.
- There is scarcely an aspect of life in Salem that has not been touched in a positive way by the Salem Community Foundation since 1966. The Salem Community Foundation has actively shaped the lives and honored the memories of Salem area residents.
- A grant of $40,000 aids 16 agencies affiliated with United Way Services of Northern Columbiana County. United Way Services "Fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community"!
- Congratulations to Salem's college students! $100,300 was granted in scholarship dollars to 46 outstanding students for 2022 - 2023 academic year. Also, we wish to congratulations the Kent State University Salem Campus students receiving the Salem Community Foundation Tuition Grant awards for Fall 2023!
- 2022 Grants: Salem Community Pantry - $54,000, United Way Services - $40,000, The Brightside Project "Back to School Clothing and Shoe Project" - $20,000, The Brightside Project Computer Grant - $12,633, Youth In Philanthropy - $12,000, Community Book Grant - $6,000, Banquet in Salem - $3,000, Junior Achievement $3,000, Sophia Women's Center - $1,887
- 2021 Grants: United Way Services - $40,000, Salem Community Pantry - $15,000, The Brightside Project - $15,000, Youth In Philanthropy - $10,000, Salem Junior Baseball League - $7,098, Community Book Grant - $6,000, Banquet in Salem - $3,000, and City of Salem's Fireworks - $1,000.
- 2020 Grants: Salem Parks & Recreation - $41,000, United Way Services - $40,000, Perry Township Police Department - $30,000, Counseling Center - $25,000, Kent State Salem Campus Rural Scholars - $19,500, The Brightside Project - $15,000, Salem High School Band - $13,000, Youth in Philanthropy - $10,000, Community Book Grant - $6,000, Head Start Program - $5,000, and Junior Achievement - $3,000.